A great way to add a magical microdose to your meals is to make Magic Mushroom All-Purpose Seasoning Blend and sprinkle a little on your food as a finishing touch.
According to this study, psilocybin degrades significantly at temperatures higher than 125C or 257F. Cooking with magic mushrooms is fine, as long as you keep your temperatures low, below 125C/257F.
(study: Stability of psilocybin and its four analogs in the biomass of the psychotropic mushroom Psilocybe cubensis. Drug Test Anal. 2021;13:439–446. https:// doi.org/10.1002/dta.2950)
For best results, use this seasoning blend at the end of cooking, or just before serving.
- Popcorn seasoning
- Sprinkle on steamed or roasted vegetables
- Mix in with cooked rice (along with a big pat of butter!)
- Season grilled meats as they come off the grill
- Mix in with cooked pasta
- Stir into pasta sauces at the end of cooking (make sure you adjust your salt in your recipe if you are adding this Magic Mushroom All-Purpose Seasoning Blend.
PRO TIP: Add in dried gourmet and functional mushrooms as well! Ground Lion’s Mane, Turkey Tail, Oyster, Porcini – well ANY type of edible, ground, dried mushrooms. Lion’s Mane is my favorite, as it will give your brain a nice boost.
Magic Mushroom All-Purpose Seasoning Blend Recipe
Ingredients for this Magic Mushroom All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup (5 ounces) sea salt (I recommend Maldon Flaky Sea Salt)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to Make this Magic Mushroom All-Purpose Seasoning Blend Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and secure with a lid. Shake to mix well.
Let us know in the comments below, what you would use this seasoning for!