I’m back again with the Whippit (or whipping siphon) and nitrous oxide (whipping cream chargers) to tell you about this Whippit Ethanol Tek Recipe! Once you’ve mastered the art of using a whipping syphon, you’ll be able to make a wide variety of interesting tek recipes, including the Psilo Toostie Roll, which I’ve outlined below!
Ingredients for this Whippit Ethanol Tek Recipe:
- 5 grams dried mushrooms
½ cup culinary ethanol or Everclear 190 proof
- Whippit or whipping siphon
- 2 whipping cream/N2O chargers
- Coffee filter (basket style made of paper)
How to Make this Whippit Ethanol Tek Recipe
- Crush the dried mushrooms with your fingers, a mortar and pestle, or just chop up with a knife. Add the mushrooms and the ethanol into the whipping siphon.
- Close lid securely, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Charge the whippit with N2O. Shake whippit gently a few times. Charge again with new N2O charger. Shake gently again. Let sit for a minimum of 20 minutes or overnight (I prefer overnight.) Let sit for minimum of 20 minutes. Release the pressure.
- Strain in mesh strainer fitted with a coffee filter and gently squeeze the solids to get all of your extraction.
Got it down? Now try this!
Make Psilo Tootsie Roll
- Pour the strained ethanol onto a large glass pyrex baking dish. Leave uncovered, somewhere NOT in your kitchen or anywhere near an open flame (but somewhere dust-free).
- Let the ethanol evaporate off until you are left with crystals and dried brown, sticky tar like substance.
- Use a pastry bench scraper, razor blade or metal spatula to scrape and collect the Psilo Wax.
- Place the Psilo Wax on parchment paper, and roll the wax into a long log (this is called a Psilo Tootsie Roll) and wrap to cover and protect. Use a sharp paring knife or razor blade to shave off your desired dosage.
TO DOSE: Remember your starting weight of mushrooms (in our recipe we used 5 grams). Weigh your Psilo Tootsie Roll on a gram scale. Divide total weight of Psilo Tootsie Roll by 5 grams to get dosage per gram.